Courtesy of Jennifer & Sam, ResDiary
Never under sell your restaurant again with our improved rules’ settings. You will have complete flexibility to apply different rules by:
- Periods of the year
- Day of Week
- Time Slot
You can also apply automatic over-rides - variable by day of week. If your tables are not sold for a larger number of covers then the rule will no longer apply a pre-designated number mins before service starts. Also you can manually apply exceptions to any day, service or individual time slot!
Example: You have a table that seats 6 in your restaurant, and a diary rule to say 'don't sell this table to a party of less than 4'. You can now tell the diary that if the table is NOT sold 60 minutes prior to service, it can open up this table for smaller tables so you don't lose out on last minute bookings.
Settings - Rules
What are Rules used for?
Resdiary created rules to ensure that restaurant managers can rest assured that the right decisions are made to maximize profit while protecting the quality of service. There are two types of rules:
- Covers per table[s] restrictions which ensure that tables of specific sizes are booked with the maximum numbers of covers thus ensuring the profitability of peak periods.
- Table size by time restrictions which ensure that large party bookings are only taken at the times that the kitchen and front of house staff can manage them and other guests in the correct manner.
- Never under sell larger tables when there is customer demand and maximize the covers booked per table.
- Fill larger tables during shoulder times and maximize the covers booked per table per service.
- Restrict larger tables form being booked a specific times of your choice.
- Allow senior staff members to make sensible judgement and over ride the system restrictions.
How Rules Works
RULES can be accessed at Settings> Rules or by typing 'Rules' into the ResDiary search box.
Covers per table(s) restrictions
These rules can be applied to any tables size and allow a minimum number of covers bookable by Segment by Service by Day of Week and by Time Slot, (see the Segment/Service Table and the Adjustment sub page).
Example 1 :This rule means that Resdiary only allows bookings of 3 or more covers at tables with a capacity of 4 on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. (i.e.2 people can't book at tables for 4).
| ||Max Covers of Table: ||4 Or More |
| ||No of Covers: ||3 Or More |
| ||Days of Week: ||Tue, Wed, Thu |
By creating a cascade of rules all table sizes can be protected and thus never undersold by accident.
Here are some very useful tutorial videos:
1. No 2's on 4's
2. 5 or more on a 6 top during peak times only
3. Tables by time restrictions
Allow you to restrict large party bookings during peak times and push them to the times you would like to serve them.
4. Rules Exceptions
Allow you to apply a one off 'exception' to a rule by Day-Service-Time Slot.